Pages

Monday 13 June 2016

Father Of The Shooter Said, I don't Think He Was Radicalize



Few hours ago The father of Omar Mateen, identified by officials as the shooter who killed at least 50 people at an Orlando gay nightclub early Sunday morning, said if he could ask his son one question, it would be: “Why?” he also said that he was saddened that his son was the person behind the carnage at Pulse nightclub.
“I don’t think he
was radicalized,” Seddique Mateen said. “That’s what my gut feeling tells me.”
In an interview in his home in Fort Pierce, Florida, Seddique Mateen said he was shocked and saddened to learn that his only son was the man authorities say is behind the carnage at Pulse nightclub.
“I didn’t raise him that way,” Seddique Mateen said. “We gave him enough love and care and education that he knew better.”
Former wife also described him as being religious and shows no sign of radicalism.  
She said “He would be perfectly normal and happy, joking, laughing one minute -- the next minute his temper … his body would just [go] totally the opposite,” Yusufiy, 27 also said “Anger, emotionally violent and that later evolved into abuse, to beating.
 “After being abused and after trying to do that and see the good in him, I can honestly say this is a sick person. This was a sick person that was really confused and went crazy,” she said.
Yusufy said he had tried to contact her through Facebook a year ago, she said, but she blocked him. Then she turned on the news today.
“I thought I had closed the chapter on this horrible mistake that I had gotten myself into and forgot all about it and we’re free from it. But this is the most shocking, heartbreaking experience,” she said.


                                                          Pulse club image above

Cheedoo readers have something to say? Share it in the comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment